Wednesday 1 March 2017

                                  BOOK FAIR NEWS

A HUGE THANKYOU to everyone who supported the Book Fair this week.   I wish I had some photos to share but I was just too busy to stop and think of doing such an important thing! (sigh)
For those of you who were lucky enough to meet Geronimo Stilton and even get a selfie with him... I can now reveal that he was actually a she... two of my wonderful librarians, Lulu and Millie, took turns at sweltering in the costume on what must have been our warmest days this Summer! Well done, girls.
You may also have been served at the Fair by another of my librarians, Flynn, who did an excellent job running the desk for me and managing the cash and eftpos.
Accolades also to my husband Lindsay who came in after work and took over from Flynn at the desk, then helped pack up the Fair that night as the truck was coming before 8am on Wednesday!

I am thrilled to announce that we sold over $3500 worth of books. We earned over $1000 worth of books for the School Library!

Congratulations to our two LUCKY DRAW winners, Lachlan from Room 14 and Bethany from Room 4. They have been given $50 vouchers to spend through the Book Club.


 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Angela for all your hard work. We really appreciate all you do (and the scones!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful news that it was such a success and well worth all the hard work that you put into it Angela. Many thanks and I concur with Mrs J about the scones! :-)

    ReplyDelete